Thursday, November 1, 2018

Priestly holiness is summed up in the words that most define a priest of Jesus Christ, “This is My Body, which will be given up for you” because a priest offers himself in union with Christ. He says the words not only in persona Christi but also in propria persona sua, i.e. on behalf of his own person and his own joining of the sacrifice of his own life to life of Christ. This is my body and all, soul and humanity, offered in union with the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus truly present in the Most Holy Eucharist. This is my body. This is my life. This is my time and energy, my attention and reverence for each person that comes across my path, recognizing my sole purpose is to bring you to God and bring God to you. A great Saint of our times, St Mother Teresa of Calcutta, said of priestly holiness: “it’s a duty for a priest to be holy because he comes in such close contact with Jesus. How holy his words must be, how holy his life must be, how holy his touch must be, if he has to be that living sacrifice on the altar.” On this All Saints Day, let us pause and pray that God raise up for the Church holy priests. Our Father...Hail Mary...Glory Be...


via Instagram https://ift.tt/2SAw9yF

No comments:

Post a Comment