Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Let My Flesh Be Ground Like Wheat for the Eucharist


Today we celebrate the memorial of St Ignatius of Antioch, bishop and martyr, the patron saint of my home parish in Annandale, Minnesota.  St Ignatius tells us:

I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the Bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire His blood, which is love incorruptible. (Letter to Romans 7:3) 

Listen to my homily for today:




If you have trouble listening click here.

In the Reading for Mass today, we learn that we must fight against greed with almsgiving, the greatest almsgiving is given to us in the Eucharist where Jesus offers us the sacrifice of his very Body and Blood.  May our receiving of the Holy Eucharist enable us to become generous in offering the Christian witness of charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment