Thursday, December 13, 2018

As soon as my interior voice gets crabby or uncharitable I “press the clutch,” i.e. disengage or don’t react to my feelings, ignore myself, or Jesus said, “deny my very self” Mt 16:24. Then I ask God for the courage to humble myself beneath these thoughts and they wash away. If they remain I’m pretty sure I need to humble myself deeper. I might have to pray through them until my heart has the humility to remember these thoughts are NOT truth. They are only a fruit of sinfulness and pride. Then I wait for Charity, for benevolence to show up in my mind again. When it does, that is when I can move, speak, work, or relate to others in a way that will actually help them. I suppose this is true for any kind of sinful thought: pride, undue judgment, irrational anger, lust, pusillanimous greed, schmall mindedness, etc. May God deliver us and make us holy. Come Lord Jesus and do not delay. Make straight his paths!


via Instagram https://ift.tt/2QwQw2B

No comments:

Post a Comment