Friday, May 10, 2019

“This one has a chalice!” said the man at the X-ray machine at the airport. All five security guards suddenly looked up at me in terror. The head guard, with a trembling voice, said, “sir, may I ask you to come to our back room. We have a few questions for you.” “I don’t understand, it’s just a chalice! It’s not a bomb.” Just a chalice? Not dangerous? I reviewed in my mind the words I just said. Wait a minute! There is nothing more dangerous, nothing more likely to change the face of the earth, to rock the world, than the blood of Christ outpoured. It most certainly is a weapon. It is the source, summit, and center of accessing and diffusing across all time and space THE HOLY LOVE OF GOD!!! “Excuse me?” I was momentarily awakened out of my interior sermon. The guard was asking me where and when I got it. Suddenly I realized they weren’t stopping me because they thought I was dangerous but because they thought I might be stealing precious artifacts, although my chalice is only three years old and obviously not ancient. There had been some precious artifacts stolen recently in Peru, and the ministry of culture had a most wanted list with pictures of things stolen. Mine was not on the list. Nonetheless I have to say I was tempted when they asked me my name to say, “Me? My name is Fr Samuel Medley, but they call me Indiana Jones!” They took some pictures, asked more questions, and eventually told me I could go. But wow, what a homily my heart told me in the meantime. Never under estimate the Blood of the Lamb.


via Instagram http://bit.ly/2HfAaDF

No comments:

Post a Comment