Friday, March 8, 2019

Always seek the blessing of the poor Today a beggar prayed over me and gave me his blessing. What a grace to receive the blessing of a poor man. I have always felt that even if I give some meager charity to those in need that their prayers for me would unlock the floodgates of the Lord, and thereby obtain blessings I could not with my own weak petitions. In these moments I feel the words of Tobit 12:9, “for almsgiving saves from death, and purges all sin.” Alms works away at the miserly selfishness lurking in our hearts, opens new paths of purity and truth, cleanses us of ‘entitled’ grumblings, and inspires deep in our hearts joyful gratitude at the gift of Life. It is not only prayer and fasting that casts out demons, but heartfelt almsgiving that saves us from the fires and hardened curses of hell.


via Instagram https://ift.tt/2HkOLiT

No comments:

Post a Comment